1. My husband just got ILR and I would like to know the benefits of it. Mainly in the childcare can we get any childcare vouchers etc . We have a 17 months daughter . Plz help
2. I am due for ILR and I would like to know what are the documents to be provided from my side as I have never worked in this country. And my husband is on ILR.
Poonam Joshi: If the husband has got ILR and she hasn’t then its best she waits till her ILR comes through as claiming any benefits might have an adverse effect of her application. Home office wants to see people who can live independently without any recourse to public funds here.
To apply for her settlement based on spouse dependent, she can attach the following documents:
3)Proof of address (Council Tax Bill)
4)The Life in UK test +B1 level English test on the home office list of approved test providers.
5)Child’s birth certificate.
6)Husband’s copy of ILR
7)Husband’s salary slips 3-6 months (The annual salary of the husband must be 18,600 or savings over 16,000)
8)A letter from husband saying they are in a marriage and he is currently supporting all the financial needs of the family. As the child is just 17 months old, she won’t be expected to work anyway.
Neha Jain: Along with above documents you also need:
1) last 5 years of cohabitation proof at least 4 different kind having both your n husband name
2) husband’s employer letter
3) your degree certificate
4) husband’s last 3 month bank statement