Can child travel with old OCI card with new passport? ?

Home Forums Indian Consulate Services OCI Card Can child travel with old OCI card with new passport? ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can my 6 year old travel to India with new British passport and old OCI card plus old passport? Will we face any problem? Has anyone recently faced this situation and what was their experience?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Minakshi Vaidya: Not recently travelled but in past travelled couple of times for my both kids
    New passport , old passport with OCI stamp on it and OCI card
    No problem as you had all required thing.

We still not transferred our stamp on passport and I heard one of thread here that it’s not even that difficult to transfer visa on new passport.

I think It’s only one OCI card not new or old .
    It’s lifelong card .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Deepali Sinha Nope he can’t you will have to get a new oci done as we very recently got done for our kids .
    The rule says the oci has to be renewed every 5 years for the kids till a certain age ( which to be honest is more like applying for a new oci )
    We were told by this lady it’s a risk factor if u r traveling with old documents as some officials are quite strict and some just let u be it depends who is dealing with you at that time .
    Would not advise you to travel with old documents as there will be a big WHAT IF FACTOR……,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Minakshi Vaidya: Just went on vfsglobal.com website and in FAQ I found this

http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/OCI.html

Important Note: The life Long Visa Sticker process has been discontinued by Government of India. Applicants are required to carry Valid OCI Card with current foreign passport (endorsed on the OCI Booklet). Please check Frequently asked questions for details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.