Scrambled eggs with Schezwan sauce
For the eggs: 15 minutes
For the sauce: 50 minutes
The idea of combining scrambled eggs with Schezwan sauce sounds a bit surprising, but the end result is a very tasty dish! The scrambled eggs take care of the nutrition whereas the sauce takes care of the palate.
Why add something as pungent as the sauce to a dish like scrambled eggs?
Because let’s face it, scrambled eggs can be a very bland dish. They need to be combined with something so that their taste can be appreciated. People who eat scrambled eggs every day can get bored with the taste very easily. Combining the sauce to this dish makes it interesting and shakes things up a bit!
Ingredients for the eggs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped tomato pieces (Optional, but adds a tangy taste!)
How to make the eggs:
- Combine the eggs with some salt and pepper and beat them together
- Heat the milk on the pan
- Pour the egg mixture onto the pan
- Continue to cook till the mixture thickens
- Add the pieces of tomato when done
Now, onto the sauce
Schezwan sauce can be off course bought from a store (Chings’s schezwan sauce is the best). However, there is nothing like making it on your own!
Ingredients for the sauce
- White vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped ginger- Half piece
- Finely chopped celery – 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped Garlic – 1 Clove
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Dried and de-seeded Red chillies – 10 pieces
- Garlic – 5 cloves
How to make the paste:
Soak the chillies in the water for about half an hour. Then remove them and put them in a mixer. Then add the drained water to the mixer as well.
- Turn on the mixer and wait till the water and the chillies turn into a fine paste.
- Add more water if needed
- Set aside when done
How to make the sauce
- Heat oil in a pan
- Slowly add the finely chopped ginger and garlic
- Fry for about three minutes
- Then add the red chillies paste into the pan
- Lower the flame and let it cook for about five minutes
- Then add the remaining ingredients – vinegar, celery and the tomato ketchup!
Ways to combine the eggs and the sauce
- Spread the scrambled eggs on a toast and pour the sauce on top
- Mix the eggs and the sauce and eat them together
- Make sandwiches with this combination!