Emergency Visa to India

Emergency Visa to India is issued by the High Commission of India, in cases of genuine emergency like death or serious illness of immediate family member (blood relation with proof of relationship) subject to production of supporting documentary evidence from India like death certificate/Hospital certificate duly signed and stamped.

APPLICATION: Applications for Emergency Visa may be filled online www.indianvisaonline.gov.in


  • Print out of the online visa application form
  • Passport valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages.
  • Supporting documents from India like Death Certificate/Hospital/Doctor’s certificate

PHOTOGRAPHS: 2 photographs (50mm x 50mm)

FEE: £167 (£110 Tourist visa fees + £2 Consular surcharge + £55 as Emergency Tourist visa fee) in cash. No other modes of payment for this category of visa.

APPLICATIONS FOR MINORS: The application in case of minors (below 16 years) needs to be submitted along with documents in original and self attested copy of the following:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Birth certificate (full version)
  • Consent form duly signed by both the parents and self attested copies of their current passport.
  • The application form may be signed by either of the parents or both.
  • A custody order from the Court is required in required in respect of children, whose parents are legally separated.

WHERE TO SUBMIT: Application for Emergency Visa (with supporting documents from India like Death Certificate/Hospital/Doctor’s certificate) has to be submitted in person at the High Commission of India, Aldwych, London, from 1000 hrs to 1730 hours on any working day and from 1000 hours to 1700 hrs during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

All conditions applicable to Tourist visa will be applicable as detailed in service provider’s website


The decision of the High Commission in this matter shall be final.

(Information taken from the High Commission of India’s website.)

Tags: , , ,

Related Posts

Previous Post Next Post


    • Roma Teelockchand
    • January 14, 2018

    I am looking to visit India with my extended family and have a 2 year old daughter. I am separated from her father and she has her father’s surname. If he is not obliging to signing a consent letter, what are my next steps for complying with taking my daughter on holiday with me? Also, am I able to apply for an e-tourist visa for her or do I need to book an appointment and take her to the embassy? Thank you.

    • ILUK
    • January 14, 2018

    If you have a court order that says the child will live with you then you don’t need father’s consent letter. If the child is going away for up to 28 days there is no consent required as per the UK law because bothe parents have equal rights unless otherwise stated in a court order. I don’t think Evisa asks for a parent consent letter. Evisa is online and quick and hassle free. If you apply in person you may require father’s passport and his consent letter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *