While chemical treatments for dandruff are in plenty, sometimes they don’t seem to work at all. Dandruff can be caused by anything from a dry scalp to a fungal infection. Most anti-dandruff shampoos fail to eradicate it. The problem becomes worse in winter.
Following are some home remedies which help with combating dandruff naturally:
Aspirin isn’t just meant for headaches! It has salicylic acid, which is the main ingredient in many anti-dandruff shampoos.
How to use aspirin for dandruff:
* Take two tablets and crush them into a powder form
* Add this powder to your shampoo
* Use this for washing your hair
* Leave on for about 2 minutes
It might be surprising to know that even some kitchen ingredients can get rid of dandruff. One of them is the baking soda. It can help with achieving a scalp free from itching and flaking!
How to use it for dandruff:
* Wet your hair
* Take a handful of baking soda and rub in onto the scalp
Do not use any shampoo while using baking soda for your hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is yet another kitchen ingredient which helps with removing dandruff. It makes it difficult for yeast(one of the many reasons behind dandruff) to grow on your scalp.
How to use it:
* Mix equal amounts of water and baking soda together
* The apply the solution onto your scalp
* Wrap a towel around your head
* Wash your hair after an hour or so
* Do this two times in a week!
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is helpful even with severe cases of dandruff. Just add two or three drops of the oil to your regular shampoo and use on the scalp.
Some people believe that coconut oil makes dandruff worse, but that is not true at all.
How to use coconut oil for dandruff:
Apple 2 or 3 tbsp of coconut oil onto your scalp
Wash your hair after an hour
The acidity contained in lemon helps with maintaining PH balance on your scalp, which in turn helps with getting rid of the dandruff.
How to use it:
* Apply1 or 2 tbsp of lemon juice to your scalp
* Wash it off
* Then mix 1 or 2 tbsp of lemon juice with some water
* Use this solution for washing the hair again(don’t apply to scalp this time)
* Do this daily till dandruff subsides